|Main Contractor||Historic Royal Palaces|
|Material Type||Copper, Slating|
|Material Used||Brackets, Copper, Slating|
This was a restoration of the historic 163ft tall Great Pagoda that sits in the Royal Botanic Gardens at Kew. The original building was designed by Sir William Chambers and erected in 1763. Richardson’s undertook all of the stripping and re-slating to the ten storey pagoda. On each level of the Pagoda we installed copper that wrapped around the building as well as copper installed to all hips on each level, under the instructions from the architect copper was painted with a red coating in order that the building reflect its original state. All dragons had to be secured and fixed to stainless steel brackets, that would hold each dragon in place through time and extreme bouts of weather.